Parkades are often a hot spot for vehicle break-ins. Although many of us are aware of the danger, time gets the best of us and we often forget to remove “hot theft items” from our vehicles. Here are a few tips to reduce your chances to fall victim to such crimes.
- Lock your vehicle. This may sound obvious but there are times we simply forget, so always double check to make sure you have done so.
- Keep valuables out of sight. Whether it’s a small item or a large one, thieves always want what doesn’t belong to them. So be careful of what you leave laying around.
- Secure your licence plates. Take the extra security measure and use anti-theft deadbolts on your vehicle.
- Never leave your garage door opener in the car. If someone manages to take it and finds out where you live by looking at your insurance papers, you may be in trouble!
- Keep your insurance papers safe. Many people keep them in their glove compartment, but be careful because you don’t want them to fall into the wrong hands.
It’s important to always be aware of your surroundings and report any suspicious behaviour that you see. Stay alert and stay safe!