Public transit can be a very convenient and cost-effective way to commute. But it’s also very important that we pay attention and take precautions to stay safe while we use the transit system. Here are a few tips on making sure that you ensure your safety.
- Stay alert. Be aware of your surroundings and the people around you. Scan the area to see if there is any suspicious behaviour.
- Have a plan. Know your travel plans and routes ahead of time.
- Avoid sleeping. Falling asleep while commuting on public transit could make you a target for thieves. They are always looking for an easy grab.
- Keep your valuables close. Valuables should be out of sight and zipped away to avoid attention.
- Trust your instincts. If you have a gut feeling that something isn’t right-follow your gut.