If you’re heading out this weekend to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday, be sure to keep safety as your top priority! Here are a few tips if you are headed out to some of the celebrations around town.
- Know where the exit points are at any venue and take note of all secondary exit points, where less people are likely to be. In addition, pay attention to the location of medical tents or first aid stations.
- Have a plan on where you will head and meet with your group, if an emergency happens.
- When at an event, stay aware of your surroundings and report any suspicious activity to security.
- In the event of an emergency avoid heading towards danger. Get your bearings, listen and look for where any dangerous activity is occurring.
- Have a contact outside the event that knows you are there and can be called to assist should something happen at the event.
Have a safe and fun filled weekend celebrating with your family and friends!